The Greek thyme honey is considered to be the best bee product as it is a combination of wonderful taste, copper color, exquisite structure and super intense scent!
So, why choose Thyme honey?
- First of all, it is very rich in plant compounds, antioxidants, phytonutrients and other beneficial substances, which explains why this product is much in demand. Results from a study at the University of Athens have proven that thyme honey is extremely strong when it comes to the numerous bad bacteria and other bugs that constantly go through our bodies!
- Have you ever heard of Thymol? Simply put, it appears to be the main antiseptic substance in thyme, which is thought to forego the modern antibiotics. This is why most folk recipes use thyme honey to prevent and cure flus, respiratory infections, cough, mouth and gum issues, acne and other skin problems, including Candida.
- A Greek research from Food Chemistry states that thyme itself reduces the vitality of hormone-dependent cancer cells within the uterus and prostate. The authors also suggest that a diet, enriched with thyme honey, may significantly decrease the risk of breast, prostate and endometrial cancer.
- If you think you know it all, let me tell you that science has even more to show! Prof. Paul Lee from the University of California in Santa Cruz has done a series of studies on the wondrous bee product and it turns out that it also helps the Thymus gland which plays a very important role in immune function.
- Thanks to the biologically active compounds both in honey and thyme, the combination of these products creates a great disinfectant! Not only may the natural sweetener be used internally, but it is also suitable for external use (for example, for compresses and bandages!).
Of course, health benefits of thyme honey don’t end up here! What you need to know is that eating and using it in any way you could think of may bring you only smiles! So, have a bit and enjoy yourself!
Do you like this article? Don’t hesitate to get the best bee products from Crete by clicking here!