”The olive tree is surely the richest gift of Heaven.” Have you ever heard those wise words Thomas Jefferson once said? We definitely have to take a moment and appreciate what olives actually do for us! Survey data shows that regular intake of olive oil reduces the risk of atherosclerosis, cardio-vascular diseases, asthma, diabetes and even colon cancer!
However, we tend to use “The golden liquid” only as an addition to our diet when there are so many different ways that we could actually take advantage of. Here are some very common health problems and the simplest, cheap and safe methods to treat them with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO):
- Ear infections – High-quality olive oil is said to be very effective when it comes to the terrible earache! If you put 1-2 drops of warmed-up EVOO in the ear, you may say “Bye!” to the pain and inflammation. Totally safe both for kids and adults!
- Toothache – We all know what it takes to go through a horrible toothache! In order to quickly relieve this condition, all you have to do is mix a teaspoon of EVOO with salt and black pepper and apply on the problem area.
- Snoring – Having some trouble with a constantly snoring husband or you are one yourself? We would suggest taking 2-3 tablespoons before sleep. This procedure makes the throat and its muscles smoother, which may result in reduced snoring noise.
- Constipation – This problem usually occurs with aging, limited physical activity, unbalanced diet, stress and other medical conditions. Try taking 1 tablespoon of EVOO in the morning and one after the evening meal and this might solve the problem.
- Cough – A very effective and tested way to soothe sore throat is to boil ½ cup of olive oil, 1 cup of honey and the juice of 1 lemon for 5 minutes. After that, stir for about 2 minutes and then take a teaspoon of this healing agent every 2 hours.
- Muscle pain – If done correctly, sports is more likely to bring more benefits than negatives. However, sometimes not everything goes the right way! All people who do sports know that one of the negative effects of regular physical activity might be muscle pain. To help yourself, just warm some olive oil and find some time to have both a relaxing and healing massage with it!
If you think you could benefit from any of the above listed tips to use EVOO, don’t hesitate to try it out and share your results in the comments down below!